Thursday, October 29, 2009

Trash the Dress: Mrs. Huyck

October 18, 2009

I was so very excited to do this session. It was my first ever trash the dress session but it's the kind of photography I love the most: people dressed up nice, freedom of location, unlimited photo time, like the wedding without all the scheduling restrictions... Kristin "Thome" Huyck got married back at the end of August and though I did not do her wedding photos (I was doing Susan and Sean's wedding that day), she chose me to do this fun session with her. Kristin LOVES to have her photo taken, and she's good at it, so she was a great subject for me to work with.

I met the Kristins (Thome and my roommate, Kristin Oole... we'll call them by their last names for clarity's sake!) at Thome Orchards, Thome's father and family's apple farm. They have tons of property full of color and it was perfect for us to explore. We spent almost three hours out there going crazy. Luckily Thome's dress was already a little messy because her wedding day was rainy and thus a bit muddy, but it wasn't too bad so we made sure we didn't really "trash" the dress (it's beautiful isn't it?). So all you ladies out there, "trash the dress" doesn't necessarily require you to trash it!

This kind of session is super fun to do! You don't even have to be married, just get a nice outfit and find a contrasting location. But anyway, come spring when I desperately need some photography fun after a long winter, I am anxious to get to do more of these sessions, so brides (and others!) please give me a call! Trust me, it's a good time! Just ask Thome.

Oh, and I will comment on the "Twilight" apple/hand shot... I'm not a big Twilight fan but the Kristins are and we were surrounded by apples... it had to be done.





























































































My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.