Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Craig & Anastasia: An Up North Elopement (Upper Peninsula Wedding Photographer)

 August 27, 2020



When I met Craig and Anastasia a year ago for their engagement session, I felt like we just clicked. They are a fun-loving couple and were amazing to chat with. I ended up staying way later than planned for their session. It was just a great time. We started in a field of sunflowers (Anastasia's favorite!) and ended up shooting while the sun headed for the horizon over Lake Michigan. It was perfect! 

From then on, I was super excited about their August wedding. Then comes 2020. Without going into any unnecessary detail (you probably know the gist of it anyway!), everything they had originally wanted to take place was tossed to the wind, multiple times. They tried to figure out how to make it work, but it just was not to be.

One of the things Anastasia gushed to me about (aside from Craig - seriously, these two are such a sweet and happy couple!) was her idea of a sunset-colored wedding. She was thinking all sorts of reds, oranges, magentas and purples. Bridesmaid dresses, flowers, decor. All the fixings of your usual beautiful wedding. But then...

After a lot of worry, thought and finally, decision making, Craig and Anastasia decided to forgo EVERYTHING they originally dreamed of and elope. I was so sad I wasn't going to get to be a part of their dream wedding. But then... 

Craig and Anastasia kept their honeymoon plans. They went off to the U.P. and spent the week together, exploring and enjoying their time with each other. And instead of finishing the honeymoon by heading home, they did a ceremony with just the two of them on the shores of Lake Michigan. At SUNSET. So it turned out that Anastasia got the sunset wedding she dreamed of. It just looked a little bit different than she originally expected.

Oh, and even though it was a Thursday and about four hours away, I managed to make it up there to record their special moment together. Worth it? I think so! Congrats to the two of you, Craig and Anastasia! You two deserve an amazing life together and I'm so glad I got to be a part of at least a small part of your love story!

Dress - Zac Posen at David's Bridal, Grand Rapids
Bouquet, hair, makeup - by the bride
Venue - Elope Up North, St. Ignace
Cookies - Made to Love, Byron Center

^It'd be hard not to get excited when you drive up and see this!





^Just a couple details.


^Craig is tall, so he helped hang up the dress for a few good shots.



^Excited, maybe?


^There you are!


^I love getting the groom's face as the bride walks toward him!




^😍






^Shooting a LEGIT sunset is HARD, people. But I think I pulled it off.






^Whoa!!! :D
^Now THAT is a kiss photo!









^They are silly ;)

^If you look closely, that's the Mackinaw Bridge back there!








^A gift from me :D

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.