Monday, September 28, 2009

Andy & Rachael's Wedding

September 18, 2009

The first thing that happened when I walked into the Second Allendale Christian Reformed Church the day of Andy & Rachael's rehearsal was drop my jaw. On the stage of the large but mostly plain and functional sanctuary was a jungle of beautiful flowers and plants, all ready for the wedding on Friday. It was beautiful! Some friends of the family put together such a beautiful (and HUGE!) arrangement that it made me think only one thing for the wedding: Fairytale.

If I ever get married, I think I might give Rachael a call! She chose beautiful flowers for her bouquet, put together some lovely programs, decorated the church in such a way, AND had a beautiful dress... she knows something I don't! It was a pleasure working with her, the bridesmaids, and all the guys throughout the day.

Even though we ran into some trouble in Holland (the road construction delayed lots of guests and the poor matron of honor, Rachael's sister, Heather), the reception at the Alpen Rose was beautiful as well. Not to mention we had some great weather and sun which meant some great color for their photographs! I didn't manage to pull the bridal party back outside to do some photos by the gate at the Alpen Rose (I was in some there from back in May when my good friend Angie got married), I had a ton of photos to show for the day.

Thanks Andy & Rachael, hope Disney World was great! (Forgive me for the huge amount of photos below, I definitely over-shot this wedding and I just couldn't get it down to any less than this, they all turned out so nice!)



















































































































My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.