Monday, May 24, 2010

Mike & Hollie: An Engagement

May 15, 2010



Every now and then you stumble upon a little gem of a location that works out perfectly for what you are trying to capture. This weekend, Mike & Hollie, a couple who I will be shooting their wedding in August, found such a place for me! A little park just next to the Grand Rapids Veteran's Home was the perfect place to do their engagement photos. There were at least three other people there doing photos as well, so obviously the secret's out!

Mike and Hollie were the fastest engagement session I've ever done. I'm not sure if it was the compact but photo friendly nature of the location, or just that these two are great subjects, but we had everything accomplished in half an hour! It's a record for me! They were even willing to risk life and limb to climb out on a ledge for a shot of a waterfall at the park... and to try to cross the chilly little stream, although the slippery rocks finally twarted the efforts in the end! Okay, I exaggerate a bit but still, a brave couple, these two.

I'm anxious for their wedding, I knew Hollie from back in my high school days, so when August rolls back around, keep an eye out for these two again. Thanks to the both of you, and congratulations!





















































My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.