Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mike & Hollie: A Wedding

August 7, 2010

































The Grand Volute Ballroom is a beautiful place for a wedding in West Michigan. I'll be honest, there's not a lot of outdoor landscaping available, but Fallasburg Park was more than perfect and just down the road. So we set the scene for the BEAUTIFUL Hollie and her adoring fiance, Mike's wedding last weekend.

Hollie's from back in Harrison, my old hometown stomping ground (wow, rhyming is cheesey... I didn't mean it!) so I've known her and a lot of her bridesmaids since back in the day. It was great catching up with them back in Grand Rapids where they got ready. I always love working with people I know, a great relaxed environment. And not to mention, Hollie was determined to be cool and collected on her wedding day, and she looked so amazing! Mission accomplished!

Jess Furrow assisted as a last minute fill in, and we got some great shots. As I said, the Grand Volute is beautiful and had wonderful lighting to work with. That would explain why we took so many photos! A great reception, a super fun wedding party (man those guys were crazy!), and some AMAZING food makes for quite a wedding.

Hollie and Mike are on their honeymoon in Mexico, but I can't wait for them to get back and check out their photos. Congratulations you two!



^Grandma's necklace. A perfect touch! 

^The best man said "PYRAMID!" and not two seonds later...




^Hollie's dad stood on the other end of the covered bridge to make sure no one ran us over.


^One of my favorites, isn't she just stunning?




^Not sure how I made it out of the session with these guys  ;-)
^This is what my friend Misty would call Mike's "GQ pose"








^Mike's ring wouldn't go on... Hollie found that unacceptable :-)


^Great overall view by Jess Furrow.


^How amazing is this place?



^Would have been a beautiful day for an outdoor wedding,
but I still love that staircase!



^Oh how I love it when the sky cooperates.



^Great shot by Jess Furrow.








^Love it when I catch some flash, so cool!

^Michelle fills in for the junior bridesmaid who didn't know
the requirements of catching the bouquet.

^Bit off more than she could chew, love her face here! Thanks Michelle!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.