Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Owen: Cake Smash! (Grand Rapids Children's Photographer)

August 25, 2012

This adorable little guy is about to turn 1-year-old. To celebrate, his mom and dad, Melanie and Walt (who are a former bride and groom of mine!) brought him to see me and enjoy a fun cake smash session. I could not believe how happy and cheerful Owen was. He was so smiley (showing off all the teeth he's got already!) and enjoyed himself, even with my big ol' camera in his face. He liked it, and even wanted to see it for himself. We played with his beach ball and watched the geese, even did a little swinging on the baby swing before it was time for cake.

When that time finally came, Owen wasn't qutie sure what we wanted him to do! I don't think he knew that the whole thing was all for him! Walt helped him out by sticking his hands way down in the frosting (and there was LOTS of it!) so he would get the idea. It worked. He was still very cautious, and mostly enjoyed the fondant circles, but he had a great time and even clapped at the end... all done!

Thanks for being such a sweetie, Owen, and to Walt and Melanie for visiting me with your adorable little man. I'll hopefully be seeing the two of them later this year at a wedding! :-)

























My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.