Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Paul + Rachael: A Farm Wedding (Grand Rapids Wedding Photographer)

August 3, 2012


Farm weddings are all the rage these past few years, but even after all this time, I hadn't gotten to do one. What I was most excited about when I first met Paul and Rach (other than the fact that they were super sweet, cute and awesome), was that they were having their wedding at the Wildwood Family Farms in Alto. I was super excited when they chose me and I FINALLY had a farm wedding. I also knew the Rach had lots of DIY idea to put together for the big day, so there would be a LOT of photographing to be done!

It was ridiculously hot when I arrived at the farm. I was the only person in sight for miles (the Heyboer family, who owns Wildwood were inside in the AC) and I had fun checking out the grounds, seeing all the cute decor and all the animals wandering around outside. Even though we were sweating through the day, it was gorgeous, everyone and everything looked amazing, and we had a blast!

I am in love with so many things about this wedding (colors, location, couple, details, animals...) so bare with me, it's a REALLY long post! Congrats Paul and Rachael, thanks for letting me be a part of such an amazing day!

Dress: Allure Bridals from Bridal Gallery (Grand Rapids)
Hair: Heather Fitzgerald, Regis Salon (Grandville)
Make-up: Sephora (Grandville) with touch-ups by sister, Beth :)
Ceremony & Reception: Wildwood Family Farms (Alto)
Florals: Liz Hanssen
Decorator: Racahel Middel and Lynnsy Kraft
Programs: Jenna Ritsema
Cake: Laura Jayne's Tiers of Joy
Caterer: Nigh Hawk Catering
DJ: Johnny Cartwright

^Ceremony was held right here, and the reception just inside the barn.


^Super cute decor all over the farm yard.

^Cranky old bird ;)


^Rachael's absolutely gorgeous dress!






^Totally in love with the dresses and flowers!


^Aren't they beautiful?!?


^FAVE!



^Some fine looking groomsmen!



^Paul looked great in his tux. Love the colors.



^Fun first look!







^Heading out into the hot sun for some photos.


^Feeding the pretty horses.

^One of Paul's brothers/groomsmen suggested the alfalpha field. So glad that he did!




^The garden.

^The greenhouse.


^Wrangling the little goat!


^This gives "Angry Birds" a new meaning!
















^Walking off into the "sunset" :-)


^Still in love with the flowers ;)









^So many cute details!



^My lovely assistant, Kristin Huyck, got a good photo of the cake. It was so hot that the frosting was melting!  Yummy though!


My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.