Thursday, November 8, 2012

Doug & Sarah: A Fairy Tale Wedding (Charlevoix Wedding Photographer)

October 19, 2012

As soon as I met Sarah, I knew she was awesome. She's a planner, like me, and this wedding busines... she had it down pat! I first met her and Doug last fall and she told me her fun picture project of taking a photo of her ring in all the places she went. And that's a lot of photos, because Sarah and Doug have been engaged a long time! We had a nice chat and I later decided that they chose me as their wedding photographer. Yay!

These two chose Castle Farms in Charlevoix as their wedding location. It's a beautiful place (which I knew it would be as soon as I signed on) and even though their wedding day as a wet one, the castle made for a lot of options for photos. Doug's face from the first look was also priceless (thanks to Kristin for catching his reaction!) and the day pretty much went off without a hitch (aside from a little trouble with the bustle ;)

Sarah and Doug's late reception allowed them to do a dessert-only event, and the treats were tasty! And oddly enough, NO ONE could find a knife, so they had to fake the cake cutting and just fed each other mini cupcakes instead! It was a great day and lots of fun. I'm so glad I got to work with these two fun people, and I'm so happy they are finally married! Now you can do DOUBLE ring shots, Sarah :-)

^Fairy tale fact #1: Sarah's dress is an Alfred Angelo Disney dress, design for Ariel!

^The bouquets are fabric! And sooo cool!







^Loved these!











^She looks stunning!

^Absolutely love the colors too!





^Sarah's gift to Doug, which he kindly waited for us to open :-)




^Who's getting married today?

^This guy!


^First look time at the castle!






^Fairy Tale fact #2: Castle Farms was an actual castle a milk farmer built for his wife. LOVE!


^Discount double check?!?





 

^What a lovely group of friends :-)






^One of my absolute favorites!




^Your standard 'album cover' pose... :-)


^Fairy tale face #3: Castle Farms can hold over four weddings at once. Isn't this place amazing?









^Where is your ring today? At the wedding!

^Fun ladies.







^Fairy TAIL fact #4: Though Doug & Sarah's kitties couldn't be with them on the big day, they were in there in sculpture!




^Lovely dancing photo by Kristin.








^Fairy tale fact #5: These two Red Wings fans went to DISNEY WORLD for their honeymoon. Dream come true!


My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.