Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Josh & Samantha: Afterglow (Grand Rapids Wedding Photographer)

February 10, 2013

Last year, I photographed my first December wedding ever (and then my second but we're talking about the first here!). I was hoping for snow, but the way Michigan winters have been the past few years, I wasn't terribly surprised when it rained the entire day. It didn't seem to phase Josh and Samantha, and though we had a few roadblocks to work around, we still got some awesome shots at their wedding! However, it was a little disappointing not to be able to get a few awesome shots in the snow. That's what afterglow sessions are for!

For those of you who haven't heard of 'afterglow,' it's a session you do after your wedding, either still wearing your wedding attire or just another cute couple session. Of course, my favorites are the ones in the dress and suit, and that's just what Josh and Samantha opted to do. It was chilly and we made it quick, but I'm crazy about all these snow photos. I encourage EVERYONE to schedule an afterglow (or even a fun Trash the Dress) session to get them most out of that formal wear! So much fun! Take a peak!

^Our setting for the shoot, the gorgeous old manor house at Aquinas.



^A shot we kind of missed at the wedding.







^I think this is one of my favorites.



^We're really getting cold now!




^A perfect winter backdrop.




^The weather kept us from getting this shot before. Now we've got it!


^Love!


My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.