Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Happy Birthday: Maci! (Grand Rapids Childrens Photography)

April 5, 2013

When I first met Maci, she was not very happy to meet me. But since her mom, Marie, started bringing little Maci in for her "Baby's First Year" sessions (newborn, 3-, 6-, 9-months, and one year), we've really grown on each other. This little sweetie is so adorable and has such a pretty smile. I loved working with her and watching her grow from her first session to her last. Maria always had such adorable outfits and Maci would USUALLY go right along with them all.

For her last big session, Maci got to wear a cute hand-made tutu and destroy a birthday cake. It was such much fun! Even though the rest of the session wasn't really her thing that day, I think the cake more than made up for it. That's how a cake smash session is supposed to go! I surely hope Miss Maci comes to visit me again someday, and here's a BIG happy birthday to such a sweet and sassy little lady!


^Maci wanted Mom to hold her more than usual for this session. I'm okay with that!


^Though she already has the walking thing down pat, she still likes to scoot around by pushing things.






^Searching for the baby in the mirror.

^Daddy picked out this fun outfit. She wasn't having the bow or the shoes though!



^Wearing a headband Mommy wore at her wedding.


^Glad I took this 'before' photo of the cake because Maci got her hands in it before I was even ready to shoot!


^She picked the pink crown to wear for cake smashing :-)





^Such a sweetie!



^She was getting irritated that the frosting wouldn't come off her hands, so silly :-)




^Aunt Alli (who nominated Maria and Maci for the contest that got her their "Baby's First Year" sessions, came along for this session and was very helpful with Messy Maci! Thanks Alli!

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.