Friday, August 2, 2013

Tom & Michelle: An Epic Wedding (Metro Detroit Wedding Photographer)

July 12, 2013





Having done as many weddings as I have, by now, I've got some great stories. There are beautiful weddings, cute, charming weddings, outdoor, indoor, rainy weddings, sunshine-y weddings, I've got them all across the board. But Tom and Michelle's wedding was EPIC. One of the most unique and entertaining weddings I've been to. I'm not sure what I liked most but my assistant, Jess, and I had so much fun. It was truly an event fit for a princess and her prince.

To start with, a lot of the fun and theatrics were due to the fact that Tom, Michelle, and a WHOLE LOT of their friends take part in Renaissance Festivals. For those of you who aren't familiar, it's kings, queens, knights, knaves, and everything in between, doing shows and walking around entertaining the people in attendance. I'm sure Tom and Michelle could describe it much better, but you get the gist. They are also HUGE Disney fans, which seems fitting. So Tom in his curled mustache, coat and tails, and top hat was the perfect prince to Michelle's fluffy, flowing dress, cathedral veil and tiara princess. Not to mention the event was held in a castle (well, sort of, you'll see)!

Anyway, it was lots of fun hanging out with a few friends I met last year. The bride and groom were both attendants in Keith & Marjorie's wedding last summer, and of course they are some other friends were part of the big day. I always love seeing familiar faces. After the wedding and portraits, the reception began and before we knew it, the whole place was launching into Disney song after Disney song, belting out every word and even acting out the musical scenes. My favorite was Tom's rendition of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. Michelle even got into the act as Belle, and... seriously, you had to be there.

It was an event to remember, and I don't think the photos can really do it justice, but I gave it my all. Thanks for having me as a part of your big day, Tom and Michelle. It was amazing!

Hair: RED the Salon, Birmingham, MI
Flowers: Viviano Flower Shop, Shelby Township, MI
Bridal Gown Designer: Sincerity Bridal
Bridal Shop: Bombshell Bridal, St. Claire Shores, MI
Bridesmaid Dressmaker and Wedding Alterations: Jessica Crutchfield from Ties that Bynde, Wayne, MI
Tuxes: Molnar's Tuxedo, Rochester, MI
Ceremony and Reception: San Marino Club, Troy, MI
Officiant: Ron Kozdron
DJ: Tom Downey
Cake: Sweet and Savory, Oxford, MI
Fairy tale Items/Decor: Keith and Marjorie Phipps, Larry and Cecilia Phipps, Cynthia Boice, Alli Borson, Sahra Anahid, and the rest of the wedding party





^Michelle's hair is SOOOOOO long. That's a LOT of curling to do :)


^At this point, I had no idea how perfect this tiara was for the occasion.


^The San Marino Club is a castle!












^Everyone loves a happy bride!




^Just a quick wedding shot and chaser before the ceremony. No big deal.







^Looks like the groom is ready for the festivities to begin (nice shot, Jess!).




^Here comes our gorgeous bride!


^Jess captured Tom's face when she can finally see Michelle for the first time. Love it!


^These two can REALLY project their voices!








^The "Dapper Bastards"


^Jess and I found this spot, we knew this would happen if we went this way for photos.







^Ren Faire friends. I told you there were lots!

^Love these colors! Lovely ladies!

^One of my faves of Michelle. Gorgeous!



^The "Classy Bitches".





^Our whole fun crew. These guys were great.





^"Be our guest..."


^Favorite!


^Their matching Save the Date said "At Last..." since these two have been engaged for about 5 years!



^Seeing a theme yet? The floating rose from 'Beauty and the Beast'.

^This cake was so perfect, I wasn't sure at first if it was real!










^This image is one of my favorites of the day. Gaston... er... I mean, TOM, was really putting on a show with the crowd.





^That dress was MADE for twirling.

^Awwww! Keith and Marjorie, you guys are still great!







^Time to get this party started...
















^Yeah, that happened...


^All hail the bride and groom! Wonderful party, you two!

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.