Monday, December 14, 2015

Julianna Rose: 12 Months (Grand Rapids Children's Photographer)

December 11, 2015

Though it's so hard to believe, my little lady is almost 1 year old now. She's got just a couple more weeks as a little baby and will soon start her second trip around the sun! For her birthday, now and probably for a long time to come, Julie will be subjected to birthday and Christmas at the same time. But I'm determined to make that okay for her from here on out!

So this year, we had family photos done, which were great! I am using those as a part of her one-year shoot (even if I didn't take them). And then, this past week, I did her birthday cake smash and cute Christmas photos. The photographer who did our family mini session (great work, again, Dionel!), had a cute idea to use ornaments in a few of her shots of Julie. It was a great way to keep her slightly distracted (and to stay sitting since she's starting to get the hang of walking now and won't stay down!), so we tried it again, this time in her cute Christmas moose jammies. If I hadn't already printed our Christmas card, I would definitely use one of these!

Last but NOT least, we did her cake smash session. I love doing these, and it's not for everyone but I think it's so much fun. I wasn't sure what Julie would do. She loves to knock things over (especially the block towers we build her), so in that vein, she had a blast smashing all the frosting on her little cupcake smash cake. She hardly even ate any. My mother-in-law, Lenore (Julie's Grandma Nore) helped out with this session and gave her a few bites, but she seriously enjoyed just smooshing everything more! It wasn't even THAT messy but I call it a success. Check out all the cuteness below!



^She was only SUPPOSED to grab one. By my kid has her own ideas ;)


^Sweet girl.


^It matched, so...

^Thanks as usual to Barb at It's Personal by Sweet Cakes for our little smash cake.

^A cautious approach.

^Gotta start with a good squeeze!


^Love her crown! Perfect!

^Destruction is her favorite!!!


^Finding out it tastes pretty good too!




^Loving it.



^Mission: accomplished!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.