Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Trent & Cara: A Backyard Wedding (West Michigan Wedding Photographer)

 July 25, 2020


I did not officially meet Trent and Cara until about 30 minutes before their ceremony started. It's definitely not how I would normally shoot a wedding, but "go with the flow" is my motto for this wedding season. Cara and I had been talking, thanks to her older sister Chelsea, and I was able to fill in for their short and sweet family wedding due to some last minute changes that were needed to be made. It was indeed sweet, and despite knowing them for such a short period of time, I felt blessed to have been able to be a part of it. 

Normally my blog focus is more on portraits than ceremony and family photos but those were the MOST IMPORTANT parts of their wedding, so there are lots of beautiful ceremony shots in this blog post. It truly was an honor to be in attendance for this wedding. And Cara and her family were so kind as to make sure I got a little of the delicious Slow's BBQ before I left for the evening. YUM!

Best wishes to the beautiful couple!

Dress - BHLDN
Florist - Kim Brown
Catering - Slow's BBQ, Grand Rapids
Videographer - Unnamed Films, Caledonia
Cake - The Cakabakery, Grand Rapids


^ Very cool idea!






^Everyone participated in the reading for the wedding!
















^ A peony bouquet in the SUMMER? AWESOME!


^When the flower girls knock the bride over :D








^ So happy!










^ Let's have some fun!


My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.