Friday, February 26, 2010

My "Bridesmaid" Cake

By Sweet Cakes Design

In honor of my photo shoot, "The Bridesmaid Project," I ordered a sweetheart cake from the fine cake stylists at Sweet Cake Designs in Belmont, MI. Three layers decorated in bright green and pink colors, with a couple plumerias as a nice touch! Haven't tried it yet (we're saving it for the photo shoot tomorrow) but I can't wait to give it a try.

In addition, I just bought a brand new Nikkor lens (50mm f/1.8) and I did a bunch of selective focus shots. I am so excited to try it out for the shoot tomorrow! Take a look at the beautiful cake and check Sweet Cakes Design's website. They do some amazing work. Thanks to Barb Hoek and her wonderful staff.

Check back to see more from our shoot at the JW Marriott.











And just because it was so funny, here's Pete checking out the cake... he wants some too.

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.