Thursday, March 4, 2010

Maria Tejada: Actress

March 3, 2010


Back in the day (okay so it was only four years ago... but that seems like a long time anyway!) I was the roommate of a fun, spunky girl named Maria. We spent two years of college sharing a room and one other as suitemates, and although for our senior year our paths parted ways a bit, we still kept in touch. Maria was one of my artsy friends (being that I was a photography major, I had quite a few!) but she was in the performing arts, as a theater student. I went to multiple theater shows put on by Grand Valley with her and even got to see her perform in a lot as well.

Well it was a shoot three years in the making, but Maria finally came back to GR for me to do her headshots. It took us a little while to get my lighting equipment to cooperate, but once we got that locked down and I finally stopped using my tripod (it's such a hinderance for me, I do so much better without it so I can't figure out why I always insist on starting out with it for portraits...), we got some great shots!

Special thanks to my "offical" employers, Dooge Veneers, for letting me use my work office as a studio set up. It is really the perfect place to do photography, I might have to do this again soon...

The photo you see above is the one she chose to print, but take a look at a few more that we liked from the session.
































I had to include this one, this is just pure Maria, just how I remember her from our college days.
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.