Thursday, February 3, 2011

Michele: Boudoir Photography

January 28, 2011

It's always fun to branch out in to a new realm of portraiture. The latest endeavor of mine is getting into boudoir photography. I don't remember how I actually ended up booking an event with Michele, but last week I met up with her (for the first time, brave lady!) on the east side of the state to get some shots.

Michele is a newly wed and her new hubby, Scott, is currently out of the states. That's got to be a hard way to spend your first MONTH of marriage! But as a gift to Scott, Michele decided to do the boudoir session, and for my first time around, I think we did pretty good!

I chose to do this post mostly in black and white (aside from the shots with the awesome pink trench coat, for obvious reasons!) because I feel like the desaturation really gives the images some character. Don't get me wrong, I love them in color as well, but it's good to switch things up now and then.

If anyone else is interested in booking a boudoir session, please let me know! I'd like to do a marathon session in the near future, and we can definitely work something out!

^Such a pretty smile!


^She has very expressive eyes, I took a lot of close ups of them!




^One of my absolute favorites!

^Those boots! That coat! Amazing!!!


^Back to the B&W after this, but I wanted to keep color here to show the blanket. In honor of Scott while he's away!


^Cute view with the dog tags! Got to use my 50mm lens for this shoot. Very happy about that!





I had a great time working with you Michele! Enjoy your photos, and I can't wait to get your album designed for you!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.