Monday, April 30, 2012

Stephanie (Grand Rapids Fashion Photographer)

April 21, 2012

Modeling sessions can be so much fun. I was more than happy to oblige when Stephanie asked if I would help her out with such a session this spring. We ended up with a bright and sunny day, and even though it was breezy and quite chilly for it, we managed to get some awesome shots. One of the reasons I love these types of sessions is that they are relaxed enough to give me time to practice my off-camera flash (OCF) techniques. I am newer to the OCF world, and sometimes I need a little patience when I get things running, and of course, Stephanie was patient with me when needed. Thankfully, because the shots where we used it turned out AMAZING. That extra blast of light (at a much more eye-pleasing angle than your standard on-camera flash) helps to make colors pop,and lights the model's face perfectly, when you do it right! The brick wall and building near the end are the best examples, although we broke it out for these first few as well. Thanks for coming down to see me, Stephanie, and I hope you love the photos!


^One of my favorites from this first set.







^She was freezing, but she's a trooper, so we made it through!



^Another fave :-)





^Time for some off-camera flash work!


^Awesome!!! Love the colors the OCF makes too!



^This is "fierce"!






My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.