Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Taylor & Laura: A Colorful Wedding (Grand Rapids Wedding Photographer)

September 6, 2014



As the weather gets colder and colder, it's kind of nice to go back and do posts from my much sunnier and warmer weddings! This one takes us back to early September, on a bright and sunny day when Taylor and Laura tied the knot! I loved Laura's choice in flowers for her wedding day. So much bright and bold color. It really worked well with the dark tuxes and bridesmaid dresses. Very end-of-summer-y!

We got right down to business with some getting ready shots right before the ceremony. Afterwards, we drove around to a couple great outdoor locations (with the limo right behind :) for portraits. One of them we actually used for their engagement photos, so that was kind of a fun tie in with the rest of their photos with me :) The bridal party was enjoying themselves and we got lots of great shots, with time to spare on the way back to the receptions.

Laura was absolutely gorgeous. Her dress was perfect for her and she even had the sleeves added for a little extra elegance. Yup, good choice! She and Taylor had a great time on their wedding day and I was very happy to have gotten to be a part of it! Check out the rest of the post below for lots of colorful and fun photos from the wedding.

Ceremony: Bauer Community Fellowship, Jenison, MI
Reception: The Bluff, Grand Rapids, MI

^Oh so much color! You can imagine how excited these shots made me :)




^I don't always get these shots but the dad-seeing-daughter-in-her-dress photos are always great.





^"We're married!"

^Love these two shots! Great posing, all!


^My assistant, Jess, got this cool angle. Love it.








^Sassy looks and perfectly timed wind gusts are always amazing ;) Laura, you are beautiful!






^That sun was BRIGHT, but we made it work for us a little bit ;)


^Love this close up Jess got.


^Jess and I took these shots independently and I JUST noticed it. Fun :)

^So pretty.






^Amazing.



^LOVED the cake!




^Mom and Dad making the same "I love you" faces. So fun.


^Best wishes to the newlyweds! Congrats again!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.