Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Jason & Jessica: An Engagement

April 23, 2011






















I love it when a former bridesmaid wants me as HER wedding photographer! It happens every now and then, and this one wasn't much of a surprise. Jessica is one of my cousins (somewhere down the line, I won't go into details) and two years ago, I photographed her brother's wedding. It was one of my favorites of the year, and I was just thrilled when Jessica and her mom wanted me to go for round two.

Jessica and Jason were kind enough to drive over to West Michigan from the east side of the state on a blustery day. They had sunny skies over there. It was cloudy and kind bleak here. And of course, I chose what seems like one of the windiest places in the area, Grand Valley State University, as our location for the day. But these two were champs and we soldiered through, trying to stay near the buildings to keep out of the worst of it. Jason was especially helpful as he was kind enough to tote the suitcase around that contained the outfit changes and props that we didn't end up using too much. Thanks Jason!

A first for me, Jessica brought along her mother's wedding dress. Nowadays, it's rare for a bride to wear her mother's dress, and since Jess already has her own gown chosen for her big day, this wouldn't be any different. However, she thought throwing in a few shots of her in the dress would be cute, and I couldn't agree more. Check it out at the end of the post.

I am definitely looking forward to their wedding at the beginning of October! Congrats to the two of you, can't wait for the big day!



^Everything was wet from the rain! It was tricky to sit them anywhere, but this was a good spot!



^Had to get this sculpture, it's a GVSU staple!





^Too cute, can't wait for the wedding!




^Jason was getting tired of smiling, don't think he even realized it! But I set him straight! ;-)







^Gotta love the foot kick!



^Sorry for so many kissing ones in a row, we had an agenda for these shots.



^Now we know for SURE she'll be a beautiful bride!!!



^Absolutely love this shot!

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.