Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Anniversary: Calvin & Kim

May 11, 2011


Two years ago on May 8, 2009, a great friend of mine married the perfect man for her. Kim and Calvin are a great couple, and such a great match for one another. Kim and I have been friends since the old days at Harrison Middle School, and I was thrilled to know she was getting married. I met Calvin when I had the pleasure of doing her engagement photos. Although I didn't photograph their wedding, I did attend the reception and had a great time reminiscing with "KimO" and dancing the evening away.

Kim and Calvin now live far, far away from me in the Port Huron area, and I haven't hung out with them since their wedding! I was more than happy to meet them up in Glen Arbor on their second anniversary vacation to do some "afterglow" photos for the two of them. Although it was a little wet and definitely cold, we had a good time catching up, and had a fabulous dinner afterwards together.

I just love the way Calvin looks at Kim. It makes me see how happy they are together, and that I really need to hang out with them again before another two years passes. I hope your trip was a good one, Calvin and Kim, and I will see you soon!

^I guess I lied, guys. Sometimes the first shot DOES turn out well!






^Up at the Sleeping Bear Dunes.


^We just loved this overlook.









^Cuddling. Great job, Calvin.





^Fully instructed dip, well done, you two!



^This spot was gorgeous, but such a huge drop off. Lots of bugs, but we still got a few nice shots.




^Kim's favorite thing...


My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.