Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lighting Workshop

Learning New Off-Camera Flash Techniques

Last Friday, I had the opportunity to take a lighting workshop with John Pottenger, an amazing photographer and videographer from the Grand Rapids area. His work is great and he knows a thing or two about lighting. So when he asked if I would be interested to do this, I was in, of course! I won't go into too much detail here, other than I really do need lots of practice but WOW! Was I amazed at what came out of my camera!

There are a few more I would LOVE to post, but Nichole, our model here, has a pageant and doesn't want to debut her awesome dress before then so we'll save those for later...

^Dark parking garage, lit with dramatic key flash and flash in back for definition and color.




^Outdoors in shadowy area, one flash for natural fill.


^Full sunlight, flash used for dramatic fill, sun as back lighting.

^Back in shadow, one key flash turned up for dramatic look, love these!




My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.