Thursday, August 4, 2011

Baby Braelyn: Newborn Photography

July 30, 2011




















Babies, they are a miracle. And they have a mind of their own. If they are in a good mood, by golly, you can go right ahead and take their pictures. But when they aren't...

Meet little miss Braelyn. We first met her when she was in mama Ashley's tummy back in May. We had a great time doing a few shots in the studio and then a couple more outside that day. Braelyn was born at the very end of June, and she just turned a month old when I was able to make it up to Ashley's to do her baby portraits. Ashley's sister, Monica (my beautiful bride from May), was present again to help out. But no matter what we did, little Braelyn knew something was going on and was NOT interested in missing it. The girls had kept her up all morning so she'd be ready to sleep when I arrived, but she had other ideas.

We almost gave up about an hour later (everytime we put her down on our comfy blanket, she got angry with us!), but she FINALLY fell asleep. She had been fighting it so hard. It was short lived, but we finally got a few shots in before she woke up again and decided "ENOUGH!" Poor little lady, I felt like I was bugging her so much. But even though we didn't get everything we hoped for, we still managed to squeak out a few lovely shots of this little miss. I'm sure when she's a little bit older, she'll be more cooperative!

Thanks Ashley and Braelyn! You two are great!

^Braelyn didn't like my basket. Awww, but I LOVE it!

^I think this is one of my very favorites!




^Despite how not interested she was in doing photos, she did have a couple smiles for us.



^Mama rocking her little lady.

^Little lady is not happy!

^I was just about to tear down when she fell asleep! She liked the couch best for sleeping, so we kept her on it!


^Awww! Another of my very favorites!



^Snugglin'


^She's up again! Had to get a few in the cute pink outfit!

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.