Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Widrig Family: Sterling Heights Family Photographer

August 13, 2011



When I was a little kid, one of my favorite parts of summer was the week my cousin, Nicole, would come up from downstate and stay with my sister and I. We had all sorts of fun, and one of my favorite things to do was do "concerts" where we'd perform Spice Girls and Britney Spears songs (among several others) for our family members to our silly dance numbers we created. I also was totally in to making music videos, and by the end of "the ACEZ" I had gotten pretty good at it... I think I liked it more than Nicole and Kara, but it was a great part of my childhood. Other than that silly stuff, Nicole would go on vacations with us occasionally, trips to the fair, and all sorts of other fun things. I miss those days!

Now that we're all grown up, we've each got other passtimes. I'm in the wedding and photography business, while Nicole is busy raising a family. She married Mike over 7 years ago, not long after they had Patrick. And just this past December, they added little Hunter to the family! I met him for the first time this weekend while I was down in the Sterling Heights area helping a friend with a wedding (more on that later!). It was a short visit, but it was nice to see Nicole (and company) again. We did a short little portrait session of Mike, Nicole, Patrick, and Hunter which you can see here. Hopefully next time we'll get to hang out longer. Love you guys!




^This is such a cute one of Patrick and Mike. Big smiles!


^This was the only one we got of the brothers before Hunter got angry with us! Haha.


^Sly little Patrick...

^Going after the ducks!

^It's still so weird to see Nicole playing the mom role. She fits it very nicely, though!



^There's a smile from Hunter!

^Waiting for the boys to come back. This is the Nicole I remember, posing for my camera. :-)


^Miss you, dear.


^Mom and Dad.


My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.