Monday, August 15, 2011

Coming Up Roses: Little Sister


Monday, August 15, 2011

I thought I would start a new series of posts, entitled "Coming Up Roses" which I thought was pretty clever of me. Well, anyway, it works at least!. Anyway, I want to dedicate it to things that are going on in my life that is of COURSE complimented by my photography. There's no other way!

In almost a month (one month and two days to be precise), one and only little sister will be getting married. Being that I'm in the wedding business, it's pretty exciting! I am so thrilled for her and her fiance, Dustin. They've been engaged since 2008, and even though a lot of us were a little skeptical about the engagement at first (he proposed and she said yes in only 3 months!), we've had lots of time to see the two of them together and I think we're finally in on what they knew from the start. She may be younger and getting married before me, and sure sometimes I feel a little jealous, but more than anything, I have to say I'm pretty geeked about the whole idea.

Kara is a very hardworking girl, and getting to where she is today hasn't always been easy, but she is driven and she's working toward waht she wants. She's JUST finished PA school at Central Michigan University and already has a job that will bring her a little bit closer to me when she moves down to the Kalamazoo/Portage area after the wedding. She deserves a beautiful and exciting special day, and though I'm not technically her photographer, I will definitely be sneaking in to get some amazing images of her beautiful self. So I just wanted to dedicate this post to Kara, my hardworking, adorable, and almost married little sister, since her wedding consumes my life to a degree in some ways! Can't wait for September 17, 2011!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.