Thursday, September 15, 2011

Coming Up Roses: Mini-Vacations II

September 22, 2011

As promised... I continue on my "mini-vacation" series. Again, this was a WORKING vacation for me, and in fact, I didn't get a lot of time to take too many fun, scenic images while I spent the better part of a week in Florida. One of my best friends from college, Jessica Palmer, moved down there a few years ago, and because we just can't stand not hanging out for so long, I usually go down to visit at least once a year. This year it was twice as I had to do photos for her sister's babies in February and March, and now her oldest sister, Jennie, was getting married... more on that shortly.

We also ran around doing a few quick engagement photos for her sister, Jacquie (already posted), some baby photos of sister Jolene's little girl, Laurelye (also posted!), and then of course the wedding. I felt bad for Ica (that's short of Jessica of course!) that she never gets the photo spotlight... so I also did some photos of her and her lovely puppy Lexie... I'll post them soon as well.

For now though, one of the places I visit often in Florida with Jessica, the Wekiva Community Center. Just down the road from her parent's house, this place is set on a pretty lake, and it's just perfect to photograph. You've probably seen it before, but I thought I would go all scenery photographer on you for this installment. And right after, you'll see the awesome Hontoon Island, a Florida State Park reachable by boat. This is where we did the puppy session, but I had to get some scenery too!

Okay, I'm SUPER busy today at work, so I better get back to it... check out my third and final installment of mini-vacations shortly, we went up to northwest Michgian for my sister's wedding!





^Off to Hontoon Island. I've got this slight obsession with the spanish moss... lovely. 


^The Saint John's River is pretty much invested with crocks, and where were we? Right there! Didn't see any gators though.

^Tons of lilies pads on the river!


My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.