Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Jon & Emily: A Wedding (Gull Lake Wedding Photographer)

Augsut 27, 2011


Just knew it when I first met Emily and Jon, the day before Christmas Eve last year, that we were going to work well together. They were just getting into town (though they are from the Kalamazoo area, they now both live all the way over in Baltimore) and had a long weekend of visiting, planning, and spending time with family to do. They met me at my apartment in the morning and somehow we spent a whole hour and fifteen minutes just chatting, laughing, talking about the wedding, and generally just getting along. I was thrilled when they let me know, just a week or so later, that they wanted me for their wedding photographer.

It was even more fun to realize what a great couple they would be for me photographically. Jon is such a ham, and he was LOVING the engagement session. I think Emily was getting a little exasperated with him. We had a great time, and again, I just couldn't wait for the wedding.

It finally came, and what a beautiful day it was! It was bright and sunny, pretty warm, although the whole event was held on Gull Lake, which had a great breeze blowing to keep us cool. Emily looked just gorgeous. I loved her make-up, her hair, the headband, her dress, the flowers... everything! And Jon looked dashing in his gray suit (as did his wild and crazy groomsmen!). I couldn't have asked for a better couple. Especially since they were all about leaving lots of time for photographs after the ceremony... AND we even snuck out at sunset during the reception in order to get a few more, some of which are my favorites of the whole day.

These two obviously love each other, while still having fun, being silly, and staying themselves. I was truly blessed to have had a chance to work with them. I'll miss you, Jon and Emily! Enjoy life together in Baltimore, and be sure to look me up if you ever need another photographer for anything!

Second Photographer: Misty Minna
Wedding and Reception Location: Gull Lake Country Club
Flowers: Dorothy's Floral Studio
Cake: Mackenzie's Bakery
DJ: Monte Janssen with Wiser Productions, Inc (awesome DJ who always asked us what worked best for us photographers!)
^Our flower for the day is the orchid, always an awsome choice!





^Our beautiful bride and bridesmaids. Love the colors, so I un-retired selective color for a few shots.



^Emily is an absolutely gorgeous bride, and I adore this image of her!


^One of our groomsmen, care of Misty!



^These guys were a little on the rowdy side, but they performed wonderfully for photos!


^And we have our dashing groom. Just wait till you see these two TOGETHER!



^A mixture of bright sun and dark shade made for some interesting lighting situations. I think we pulled it off though!



^A grand entrance by our bride!

^Phenomenal back lighting thanks to the sun (and Misty again ;)





^A pretty impressive jump... and I love the shadows!



^Jon is a stud! Haha.

^Jon climbed the flagpole. Someone suggest Emily do it. Before I could say anything to get her out of it, she raised her arms up and let the groomsman put her up there. I love this bridal party!




^Can't shoot at a golf course without using the golf carts!


^Told you they look great together!





^Love it, thanks Misty... again ;)

^My version. Also love :)


^On the treacherous floating dock. We had to chase the gulls off to get our shots!




^Another of my very favorites!

^And another...

^And another!

^And... okay, okay, I'll stop!





^A little clean fun...





^Time to get the garter... Jon style.


^Love her expression to her husband's antics.

^A couple sunset shots. We kind of missed the actual sun, but we still made it in time!

^Silhoette by my awesome second shooter!



^Love this wedding. Thanks so much for looking at my HUGE post!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.