Monday, September 6, 2010

Kassei: In the Big City

August 29, 2010

































As I've said before, I love doing senior portraits! You have so much more options, posing only one person. There are no limits! Of course I was thrilled when Kassei, a senior in the class of 2011 at Evart High School, wanted me to help her out with her senior portraits. Even better when I found out she wanted to do them down in Grand Rapids. So many possibilities!

Kassei looks so much like her mom when she smiles. I hope she doesn't mind me saying so. And she was such a good sport, wandering around downtown Grand Rapids in 90 degree heat. We stayed in the shady areas as much as we could, but those sunny spots got us anyway. One great pit stop we made was at the Amway Grand Plaza, for some air conditioning and snapping a few secret photos. It felt so sneaky!

Even with all the heat, we had a great time, chatting and finding photos to take. Kassei even took my D300 along with us and did some snapping of her own. I always like it when subjects are interesting in taking photos too! As for Grand Rapids, Kassei, who was down here visiting friends, tells me she might coming down to stay after she graduates. GR does have that affect on people ;-)

Anyway, congrats to you Kassei, I hope you love your photos! Thanks for being so much fun to work with!






^She's a pretty girl! Looks just like her mom when she smiles :-)





^Kassei suggested this shot... imagine my surprise when she just wriggled
right up there, no effort at all. Love it!

^Kassei brought my D300 around to snap as we did her photos.


^Vote for this photo of Kassei in the JRPhoto contest on now, click here!





^Took a photo VERY similar to this a year to the day ago at a wedding...
I figured that out when I was doing this post... weird!


^Such gawdy carpeting, but it makes a great backdrop.



^Lookin' good, along the river.




^LOVE this one.

^Always one of my favorite shots!


My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.