Monday, September 13, 2010

Lance & Michelle: A Wedding

August 28, 2010


Sometimes it's all in the details. When I first began talking to Michelle about her upcoming wedding, I had a pretty good feeling that she was very determined to make her day match exactly what she and her fiance, Lance, enjoy about life. In order to do that, Michelle was putting a lot of details into the wedding, and even though she had a lot of things to deal with, I am happy to say she and Lance definitely succeeded!

To start with, they asked me to set up a photo booth for the guests to have their photos taken during the reception. I went to the Holland Area Arts Council the Friday before to set up. I never realized how much tricky the photo booth was going to be, having never done one like this at a wedding! But it ended up going off without a hitch (thanks to Kristin Oole, one of my newer assistants, for her help running the booth!). Michelle also constructed all of her centerpieces, which were beautiful, natural, artsy looking pieces. They also wanted to showcase to their family and friends a little taste of their vegan lifestyle by having their favorite vegan restaurant, Martha's Vineyard, of Grand Rapids, cater the event. I've never tried vegan food before, but I was pleasantly surprised!

And of course, the photo taking part of the day was an important one! After the girls got ready in downtown Grand Rapids, we began our journey, from the Gerald R Ford Presidential Museum fountain, to the Amway, to the blue walking bridge so famous in downtown GR, and then off to Calder Plaza, to satisify some of the artsier shots Michelle and Lance were looking for.

It was a hot and long day, with a lot of running around, but it turned out wonderfully! I truly hope you enjoy your photos, Lance and Michelle, and I can't wait for our Trash the Dress session coming up later this month.




^Michelle is so beautiful!






^My assistant, Jess Furrow, did this one... I totally love it! Really captures their personalities!


^A snotty look from Michelle! No worries, she's just playing.



^Ring shot by Jess Furrow.








^One of my favorite shots, won third place in my latest photo contest.





^This took a bit of tweaking but I love the look!





^LOVE this one.

^Our version of "Abbey Road"... Guess this one is "Ottawa Ave" :-)


^Getting married at the Western Theological Seminary at Hope College.



^Vegan cupcakes!




^It's always awesome catching looks like this from the groom.



^This garden was across the street at the bank, perfect with the fading light!


Now for some lovely shots care of this lovely lady, my roommate and friend,
Kristin Oole, who was our photo booth photographer for the evening.






My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.