Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Allie: Trash the Dress

October 21, 2011



Something about those Kzoo girls... I just love them all! Allie found my website a year and a half ago and referred me to her good friend, Claire, one of my most fun weddings yet. Allie got married herself just this past June, and although she didn't have me as her photographer, she was still a great "fan" and referred another friend of hers to me for a wedding next August, Dustin and Caitlin. All three of these girls are great, fun, and adorable. So it only seemed right that I should finally get to take a few photos of Allie like I have of her friends. Since she has referred TWO weddings to me, her Trash the Dress session was on me this time!

Allie and her mom met me at Riverside Park in Grand Rapids. It was a VERY chilly day, all cloudy, but that's perfect lighting for photos! Allie was a trooper and hardly shivered at all throughout the shoot. Her wedding dress is just beautiful (and we kept it pretty clean), she had tons of awesome shoes, and we each had lots of props to put some color in the photos. All in all, it was a great time, and I'm so glad we finally got to get together. Thank you SOOOO much, Allie, for referring me to both Claire and Caitlin. I hope you love your photos (your are just gorgeous!!!), and I can't wait until the wedding next year!


^Rockin' the red shoes! Looking good, Allie!



^Gorgeous, Allie!

^One of my very favorites!



^Princess crown!



^So cold, and yet you'd never know it from looking at her!





^Love the colors.



^So many great shots under the willows.


^Wearing hubby's hat.


^Allie really did great with the "serious" shots, even though he smile is so natural!



^Before this umbrella became part of my Halloween costume... :-)





^A little bit of sassy!!!


My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.