Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blake: Class of 2012

November 6, 2011


In honor of today being opening day for firearm deer season here in Michigan, it feels perfect that I am able to feature Blake's senior portrait session. Blake is, as you might notice, a hunter himself. What timing! Recently, I headed up to Harrison to do a few different shoots, including Blake's. I first met Blake a LONG time ago. His family is close with one of my best friends from high school and her family. I was thrilled when Blake's mom, Angie, gave me a call late this summer to ask if I could do his senior portraits. It took us quite awhile to get them scheduled, but as I mentioned before, the timing couldn't have been more perfect.

As per usual with a lot of young men, photos are not their favorite thing in the world to be doing. However, once we got going, Blake warmed up and we had a good session. We featured a few of his kills, his crossbow, and then did the usual "nice dress shirt" photos, which I think Blake pulls of very nicely. He's got the BEST serious look, very impressive. It was great to see Blake again, to chat with Angie, and I hope to get to again in a couple years when Blake's little sister, Christian, is all ready to graduate. Thanks to the Meylen's again, it was great working with you!

^A few trophies here. The buck on the right was one Blake's grandpa shot, but the other two are all his!



^Taking aim...

^Normally I don't prefer to be on the business end of a crossbow, but it wasn't loaded and I don' think Blake hates getting his photo taken THAT much!


^A little "almost smile". Lookin' good, Blake.

^Love this one!



^Also love this one!






^You made my day, Blake! Thanks for the great shoot!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.