Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Chris + Karla: A Wedding (Addison Oaks Wedding Photographer)

October 22, 2011



Every now and then, no matter how hard you try, you just can't make your schedule match with a couple's, and you don't get a chance to meet before their wedding day. That happened more frequently to me in past years, and I try to prevent it now as I grow as a wedding photographer. But as the case went with myself, Chris and Karla, it just wasn't meant to be. Karla and I spoke on the phone a few times to iron out a few details, but that was the extent of it. It wasn't until the big day that I met the two of them.

The wedding was held at Addison Oaks in Leonard (which is near Rochester), Michigan. If you remember WAY back in 2009, I did Ryan & Jessica's wedding there... still one of my favorites from back in the day. I was SO excited to shoot there again, as it is an amazing location. Even though we were at the end of October, the sun was out, the temp wasn't too chilly, and Addison Oaks was gorgeous, as usual. We worked with the guys before the girls arrived, got them dressed and photographed in time for the late ceremony. Even though it was a little chilly, it went off without a hitch in the courtyard.

By the time the wedding was over, the late October sun was already setting. I've never had to do an entire couple portrait session in the dark, but I suppose there's a first time for everything! Even though I don't particularly like shooting in the dark, our location made it a whole lot easier with all the ambient light available in the background. Since I've learned a few tricks in the past few years when it comes to light, we were able to make the most of it.

Enjoy the photos! It's my last wedding of the year, and it makes me sad, even though I'm ready for a break! Thanks to Chris and Karla for making my last one of 2011 a good one!

^Gorgeous location on a gorgeous day... what luck!


^Chris likes to fish.

 ^All the centerpieces were pumpkins covered in sparkles. Love it.









^Chris told me he's not a big photo guy, but he knew it had to be done. Thanks Chris!




^Our pretty bride finally arrives!





^Bridesmaid flasks... classic.



^Karla,  you are so pretty!!!





^One of my favorites!!!








^I forget what was so funny! Haha.


 
^The bridal party after dark.



^So lucky with all that ambient light.


^This is a throwback shot from two years ago! Look it up.



^Kind of love that bit of motion blur in the background.




^Nice shot of a smooch by Josh.




^Love it when people spice things up. The father/daughter dance started out normal, and then they broke into a special routine!


^The back to normal! Great job, you two!

^Party time!


My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.