Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thom & Amanda: A Big City Engagement (Chicago Wedding Photographer)

April 12, 2014



There's no way I could be more excited about this post. Travelling to an exotic location for engagement photos is not something I get to do very often (it's a busy life and travel is expensive!) but Amanda and Thom were more than willing to meet up with me for a quick engagement session in Chicago (okay, so not REALLY exotic ;) a few months before their big day. The weather was absolutely beautiful for it and I had brought along my D800 (which I love but doesn't accompany me all that often), ready for all sorts of photos of my couple and the city. My husband, Mike, came with me to the city so he tagged along for the session. We chatted with Amanda and Thom, and had a great time walking up and down a few spots on the Chicago River and getting lots of pretty skyline shots.

I can't tell you how excited I am for June 28, when these two get married in Kalamazoo. It's going to be awesome, as Amanda has some amazing ideas, so I'm geeked. Bring on wedding season, I'm ready!



^Pretty much in LOVE with Amanda's skirt!


^Favorite!

^And another!


^Thom shows off the skyline along the river.

^Wow, these two are awesome!





^I definitely got caught showing of the scenery for this session.



^Sassy girl in the big city.




My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.