Wednesday, October 3, 2018

John & Candy: An UP North Wedding (Upper Peninsula Wedding Photographer)

August 18, 2018



When my cousin, Candy, who is the granddaughter of my grandpa's brother, announced she was getting married in the UP where she lives, that was exciting. Then I found out the wedding would take place at the Hiawatha Sportsman's Club. I had to be there! My grandpa was a member long before I was born and we spent a week every summer staying in the cabins and making memories with my family. In recent years, we've been able to go back quite a few times, and even though Grandpa is gone, his memory lives on as we make new memories with new family members! And now I can happily say that I was able to FINALLY photograph a wedding in my favorite place in the world!

It's a special place to Candy, of course, as her grandpa was a member at the Club as well. He and her grandma raised their kids there, and Candy grew up spending time at the Club as well. Her Grandpa passed away more recently, so it felt like a great way to honor his name as well. She put so many personal touches into her wedding! She even grew her own flowers. That's right, she made as well as grew all the flowers at her own wedding!

Candy and John are perfect for each other. I'd only seen them together last year when we were up in the UP, but they are both fun and silly and enjoy every moment with each other. The day of the wedding was no different. Candy and John were both so excited to get married, and their big day was a great mix of country style and love! Hay bales, sunshine, cowboy boots, the whole nine yards.

The only mistake I made was riding my bike from the cabins we were staying in all the way down to the ceremony and reception sites. Phew, after a long day, that was rough, but it was so much fun anyway! I got to see my cousin get married to the love of her life, watch my daughters play and dance, and spend time with family members, both those that I see often and others we haven't seen in years. What a day!

Venue - Hiawatha Sportsman's Club, Engadine
Flowers - homegrown and arranged by the bride
Catering - Pat McNeil
Cake - Chrissy Derusha




^Homegrown :) 


^Finishing touches.




^Here comes the bride!










^Smooch!





^Sassy for real!


^Oh John, wait a second there ;) 






^Forever and always.




^These two are MY goofballs ;)

^That's my grandma looking angelic before dinner :) 







^They did this VERY politely.



^FINALLY time for sunset portraits!


^Lake Millecoquins.






^This is my FAVORITE photo spot on the Club. Gorgeous.





^Congrats, John and Candy!

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.