Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Nick & Holly: A Winter Wedding (Grand Rapids Wedding Photographer)

December 29, 2012



This past summer, I met this super cute couple at my studio. That very night they chose me for their wedding photographer. I was pretty excited, as their wedding was in December and this would be only my SECOND winter wedding ever in the seven years I've been doing weddings. I met Nick and Holly again for their engagement session in Lowell (where Nick and family are from, a cute little town, just east of Grand Rapids, I might add!) where they would also be getting married. The weather was MUCH warmer that day, but for the end of the year, I don't think Holly and Nick could have gotten a nicer wedding day. It was cold, of course, but there was snow on the ground and a few little flakes drifting around the church for photos, it was perfect!

These two are so cute together, and SUCH sweet people as well. I love working with happy couples who are also friendly too (2012 was a great year for that!) and the two of them had the NICEST things to say to me by the time the wedding was over, I almost teared up! I wish them all the happiness in the world... and hope they LOVE their wedding photos. I know I do!

Bride's gown: Bridal Gallery, Grand Rapids, MI 
Bridesmaids dresses: Alfred Angelo, Grand Rapids, MI
Suits: Men's Wearhouse, Grand Rapids, MI
Church: Lowell First United Methodist Church, Lowell, MI
Flowers: Arrangements Floral, Grand Rapids, MI
Reception: The Bluff, Grand Rapids, MI
DJ: Enchantment DJ, Comstock Park ,MI

^Love the color scheme (those of you "in the know" know that I picked the same for MY wedding :)




^Looking beautiful, Holly! Loved her dress.

^If I remember right, Nick's parents AND grandparents got married here too!



^Braving the winter chill for photos... I LOVE this girl!




^Ahhh, warm again!







^Meet our handsome groom, Nick!




^Love this one of the guys!

^Time for the first look!



^One of my favorites! Good eye spotting this awesome shot, Kristin!



^So happy together!


^They look a little chilly, don't they?



^As usual, I love the bouquet!




^Yup, that's a good first kiss!





^The party bus people at the Lowell showboat!





^Nick's grandpa helped build the Robert E Lee, so we wanted to make sure to come back for wedding photos!












^Holly's dad was a riot!












My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.