Friday, March 4, 2011

Brian & Jolene: Maternity Session

February 27, 2011

































I always love when my job takes me to warmer climates. In early January, a great friend of mine, Jessica, from college got chatting about how I should come visit her in Florida. I had just been trying to figure out when to do her sister's maternity session. She and her husband were married last year and are expecting their daughter, Laurelye, in April. Turns out, the weekend of my birthday, my friend's sister, Jolene, was going to be in Florida for her baby shower. Perfect! It was fate.

Jessica and her parents, along with her sister, Jennie, moved to Florida a few years ago. It's great that they are there because it gives me a great reason to go somewhere warm. Jessica and I were roommates in college, and it sucks to only get to see her once or twice a year, but this was the perfect trip! Jolene, her youngest sister, married Brian, a native Floridian, and once the little lady is born, will be moving to Florida as well.

Since Brian knew a little bit more about the area than us Michigan girls, he helped us find some cool spots in the Palmer's town of Longwood. One of the locations wer chose was Wekiva Springs, where Jolene and Brian said "I do!" last year. It was bright and early so we got some pretty lighting to work with. We went on to Longwood's historic district, to the place that the Walts' were thinking of getting married and did some there too. Also, Jolene specifically wanted a shot with one of the beautiful yellow trees that we saw throughout the area. Very much obliged!

You'll be seeing more of this brand new family soon. Laurelye (who is named for Brian's mom, Laurel), will be joining us in early April, or sooner, and I'm going to run over and catch them for some newborn photos before they move to Florida as well. Congrats, Mom and Dad!!!



^A beautiful shot before the sun rises above the trees!




^Pretty mama!



^Oh man, I love the spanish moss. It's a thing of mine.


^These beautiful flowers went perfect with Jolene's tank top.



^Love this one. Flowers for Laurelye, from Daddy!


^I saw this door as we were driving by and made Brian go back!

^A little posing.









^A friend of the Palmer's helped Jolene make this beautiful banner.





^My buddy, Jessica, with her little sister!

^Holding the baby!







^Just a couple colorful shots from Florida!


^Jolene's yellow tree, we found it!



^This is Meilo, Brian and Jolene's BIG puppy. He's a mastiff, and he's a monster! Not even full grown yet.

^Jessica and her Lexi!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.