Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Maynard & Karley: An Engagement

March 18, 2011

I've said it before and I'll say it again; there is something fun about doing the weddings of people from your past. Maynard and Karley, newly engaged and getting married this August, went to high school with me and I was just thrilled to be chosen to do their wedding and engagement photos.Karley has been a bridesmaid in two of my weddings so far, and Maynard was in one of my very VERY early ones!

Since Maynard is heading to Florida this weekend, and will have to be there for awhile (being in the military dictates such things), we had to hurry up and get the engagement photos done before it was too late. A sunny but still pretty chilly day was ready for me as we started shooting at Maynard and Karley's condo on Budd Lake in Harrison.

Even though there is still not a lot of color in the world, I absolutely love the photos we took for this shoot. Not only are Maynard and Karley some good looking people, they were also all about venturing out onto the still-frozen surface of the lake for some very unique shots! So great! And YES, even though it's been warming up, the surface was still solidly frozen where we were. No danger present, promise!

I am very much looking forward to shooting with Maynard and Karley again in less than five months. It's going to be a good summer!

^On the deck at their condo... what a view!


^I absolutely LOVE this shot.




^Braving the reeds and snow...






^With that sky, I couldn't resist a silhouette shot.

^Karley's heels didn't make for easy walking. Maynard is very helpful.

^On the ice. This is the coolest thing ever!



^Karley is SO PRETTY.


^This session was great. These two kept me laughing, so we all had a good time.







^Such a cute pair.


^Even though the sun kept peaking out to mess up my lighting, the sky was beautiful. So worth it.







^Here they are practicing for the day of their wedding when I make them do the dip again!



^Karley lost her shoe. Maynard carried her back to it. Ending on a funny note.
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.