Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Grand Rapids Bride

A new adventure!

I've made the final decision to place an ad for Jenna Rose Photography in the 2011 issue of Grand Rapids Bride, one of GR's premeir bridal magazines. I chose a smaller ad (they are pricey!) but I am hoping it will still give me some good exposure and bring in the brides (and grooms!) for this year and next. Oh man, I am just getting SO EXCITED for wedding season to get started!!! May 14 still seems so far away!

Because we want the ad to be perfect, I've chosen some of my favorite images to decide which one to put in the magazine. With each of them, I created a small design, which includes my new logo and the photo. It's a very simple design, which I think goes fairly well with the way I design albums and the various other items that come with all of my packages. Simple says a lot, and I would rather have the focus be on the image. Below are the three options, and I am VERY interested in what my fans think!

Take a look at the three choices, and comment what you think of them. If you have another photo suggestion, I'd love to hear those as well!

Option One, Jilleen and Daniel. I really love this image, the composition, the smiles, and the black and white. It was a bit of a sleeper as I didn't realize how MUCH I loved it until I worked on their album at the start of this year, six months after the wedding.
Pros: Beautifully focused image. Logo stands out bright.
Cons: Black and white doesn't reflect my usual style.

Option Two, one of the favorite images I have EVER taken. The girls did this perfect pose with barely any prompting, and the style Shannon employed for her wedding was GREAT. The old Hollywood them was perfectly executed and I just adore this "girlfriends" shot.
Pros: Great use of color. The logo works with the color scheme. Everyone looks fab!
Cons: The logo gets a little hidden on either side. There's no groom!!!

Option Three, another great one of Lance and Michelle. What was with their wedding? I love so many of their images! This one works great in so many ways, and they just look so adorable sitting on their little bench for two. The twilight was perfect...
Pros: Bride and groom interacting. Focus on Michelle and the logo, they play off each other. Colorful.
Con: Can't see their faces too well. I used them on my business card!

All right, fans, tell me what YOU think!!!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.