Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mark & Barb: A Wedding in Glen Arbor

May 21, 2011

This is a little overdue as you can see by the date, but back in the middle of my, friend and fellow photographer, Misty of Misty Minna Photography, asked if I'd like to visit Leelanau with her. The catch was that we would be photographing a small wedding for a few hours, but then we were free to explore and do a little wine tasting! I hadn't been to the area for more that just a few hours in awhile, so I was in.

On Saturday, we took part in photographing Mark and Barb's wedding. It was a second marriage for them both, but they were obviously happy and were thrilled to be surrounded by family and friends. And I absolutely LOVED her bouquet, so cute! We had a good time conversing with the couple and their family (Barb's daughter was married last year and Misty did her wedding as well), having dinner and being given two of our own cakes to take home with us.

On Sunday, after staying in Leland at this fun little motel just on the river to Lake Michigan, we went to a few vineyards, had a few drinks, and generally enjoyed the weather before heading back to GR. A nice little working vacation if I do say so myself!



^What would I do without my macro lens??


^The baby's breath on the bottom made it for me :-)



^Barb and Mark after the ceremony.





^I got to photograph Mark for his portraits. Looking good!



^This one is just great! One of my favorites.

^These little cakes were adorable! In fact, I even tried butterflies like this back during my "cupcake project"... these definitely top my versions!




^Here are a few photos from Leland and our trips to the wineries!


^At the L. Mawby vineyard. Gorgeous!


My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.