Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesday Wedding Inspiration: Destination Weddings

A Wedding and a Honeymoon in one!

Sometimes the stress of planning a wedding isn't worth the hassle. Myself, I love planning things, but I know that my propensity to organize and schedule is not universally shared! Some couples take the option of hitting the road for their wedding and starting the honeymoon right away, rather than stress out for months on making the big day too big.

Of course it's crossed my mind that doing a destination wedding would be a great idea. And you don't always have to go too far to do it. But this Wednesday Wedding Inspriation can't feature all the great locations for destination weddings, so I'll pick just one... Hawaii!

Specifically I wanted to show off the Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore of Oahu. I've never been there myself but my "extensive" research shows it to be an amazing vacation and wedding spot. The resort is on the most populated island, but the North Shore resort is located further away from the hustle and bustle of the cities, although close enough to take a trip there if you feel so inclined.

The coolest aspect of the Turtle Bay Resort is their multiple wedding ceremony and reception locations, mostly outdoor but a few indoor as well. Of all of them, my favorite is their intimate wedding chapel, the Pavilion. It's got a GORGEOUS view and is just breathetaking. I'm sure it looks great decorated but honestly, you wouldn't need much!

The biggest benefit of destination weddings is that your are pretty much already on your honeymoon. And let me assure you, in Hawaii (although I visited the Big Island, not Oahu), you really can't run out of things to do in a week. Whale watching, visiting the beach, Diamond Head, shopping in Honolulu and Waikiki, drives through the rainforest... the possibilities are endless. Just sit back, enjoy your special day, and then RELAX!

There are so many options, and as I've said before, The Knot is a great place to find more information on what you need to know about everything wedding related. It even has it's very own destination wedding section for help in planning all the little details that you still might need even if you are taking in on the road. Check it out, but remember, the destination is supposed to help you relax, so keep it simple!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.