Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday Wedding Inspiration: The Flowers

Setting the tone... with flowers!

My very first wedding inspriation post was about flowers, although I didn't go into too much detail, so I figured I would be able to revist the topic without too much trouble. Flowers are one of the most important parts of a wedding, in my opinion (besides the photography, of course!). They really brighten up the space, add a sense of beauty to everyone and everything that they touch, and of course, they carry out your theme and color choices! Flower arragement is an art in itself, and of course I've seen some amazing work as a wedding photographer.

A lot of brides choose to go with faux flowers on their wedding day. This is often more cost effective and allows one to keep their arrangement for much longer than live flowers would last. I won't knock the couple that goes this route, as I've seen some great faux flower arrangements, but if you do have a little extra money to go with live flowers, it's SO worth it! A good florist (such a my favorite, Tracy Park of Park Place Floral) knows how to make a unique arrangement and really create a work of art.

Flowers also touch just about all aspects of the day... from the bouquets and boutinnieres, the centerpieces at the reception, the arrangements at the alter and along the seats at a ceremony, to sometimes even the cake, flowers can be everywhere at a wedding. And I'm all about that!

The trends these days aren't just your traditional roses and lilies anymore. Although they are both beautiful and still widely used, brides have been experimenting with some new and exciting options. In the first photo above, you'll see the fun little yellow craspedia, as well as some organic and interesting shapes in the succulents. I've even seen some florists use willow branches and lotus pods! As for the actual flowers, dahlias (see the orange flowers above), orchids, hydrangeas, and peonies are now more frequent in bouquets... something different from the traditional flower shapes, but still just gorgeous, colorful, and perfect!

Anyway, I could go on forever about some beautiful arrangements I've seen, but I won't. Below are some photos that I love of flowers, hopefully you are left with a little Wednesday Inspiration!

Credits for above photos (clockwise from top left): Black and white anemones (by the Knot.com), Rose and hydrangea bouquet (by the Knot.com), Organic bouquet with lotus pods created by Modern Day Floral (photo by Dusty Brown Photography), Red and orange rose pomander ball (photo by Charlotte Gray Photography), Green centerpiece with limes (by the Knot.com), Pink peony bouquet (by the Knot.com), and a bouquet of wildflowers (by the Knot.com).
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.