Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday Wedding Inspiration: The Bridesmaids

Who is sharing your special day with the two of you?

A big part of the wedding day for the bride is spending time with her bridesmaids... usually best girl friends, sisters and soon to be sister-in-laws who are there to help make your wedding day go a little bit smoother. The tradition of having bridesmaids comes from back when royalty had ladies-in-waiting at their side. Today's modern bridesmaids share a similar task and usually find themselves at the bride's beck and call.

I love looking at bridesmaid dresses. Though I've only ever taken part in two weddings myself (my old college roommate Angie's back in May of 2009, and I'm half way through being maid of honor for my little sister, getting married in September), I still love checking out new styles and fashions. One of my favorite designers is Alfred Angelo, with sensible prices and a huge assortment of styles. Most brides today, unlike back in the 80s and 90s, tend to choose dresses for their girls that are actually flattering, fun, and SOMETIMES able to be worn again. Another trend these days is that brides often allow the girls to choose the dress they like best and that is best for their body type, as long as the color, hem, and fabric match.

My personal favorite tradition when it comes to the bridesmaids is the bride giving them the gift of jewelry for the wedding. Not only will it help bring the look together, but it also is a great way to show your appreciation of the girls for their "putting up with" any bridezilla tendencies you may have had throughout the whole process.

I love to check out (again... ;-) the Knot for bridesmaid tips. There is what a bridesmaid should be expected to do for the bride, as well as what a bride should be expected to do for the bridesmaids. And then the Bachelorette Party Planning Guide and Maid of Honor 101... better get reading myself! Useful information to keep everyone happy for the big day!

And now, a couple of my favorite bridesmaid images of mine. Taking photos of the girls having a good time together is often one of my very favorite parts of the wedding day!




My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.