Thursday, June 16, 2011

Julie: Fashion Shoot

June 10, 2011


Not long ago, I did a workshop with John Pottenger of Coastline Studios, learning some off-camera flash techniques to use in the future. I wanted to do a shoot where I could practice some of these, and that's where Julie came in. She's the sister of a good friend of mine, and a beautiful girl! It was great to have her on board to work with and try out my new equipment and "skills".

Also on board and in charge of make-up for the shoot was Latesha Lipscomb, of I GOT FACE Cosmetic Concierge. She came in a little early for a shoot of her own (see our next blog post, coming soon!) and then created a beautiful look for Julie, all the while helping with styling. All I had to do was snap the photos and move the lights!! Anyway, Latesha did an amazing job, and I encourage you to give her a call if you are in need of some serious style!

Julie was on crutches between posing, but despite her injured foot, she did an amazing job. She was a little nervous, and I don't blame her! The lights and the lens in your face can be a little imposing, but she did an amazing job and especially by the end of the shoot was rocking out the poses. Thanks for your help Julie, it was a great shoot!

Make-up, Hair & Wardrobe Styling: Latesha Lipscomb of I GOT FACE Cosmetic Concierge


^Latesha working her magic.



^Our first set up was a black-on-black using a single flast. It didn't work out perfectly, but we're just getting started!




^Next set-up was my usual natural light from my favorite window in the studio. The natural light matched perfectly with the outfit and setting.




^Julie's getting into it! Go girl!

^Next set-up was using the same space but with dramatic, focused flash and a high shutter speed.



^I totally want this dress :-)



^Back to the natural light for a minute, I love what Latesha did was Julie's jacket. It's nice to have a stylist on board.

^One of my FAVORITE shots!


^Completely backlit. Just wanted to try it... I like it!


^The last set-up was again a single flash, normal shutter with a broader spread of light. But the best part was that Julie totally rocked the outfit and the posing. Nice call on the brick wall, Latesha!





^Gorgeous!!!

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.