Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Keith + Marjorie: Engaged (Grand Rapids Wedding Photographer)

February 4, 2012

























It was "wedding planning weekend" for Keith and Marjorie. Living on the east side of the state and planning a west side wedding makes it difficult to go talk to your vendors whenever you feel like. So they got up SUPER early, headed over to Muskegon, saw their reception site, tasted some cake, and came to Grand Rapids to meet me. In tow were two of Marjorie's bridesmaids, Allie and Sahra, who were super friendly and uber helpful. We met at Starbucks (one of Keith's favorites), discussed their ceremony, coffee, contracts and cake, and then headed off for some engagement photos. Talk about getting things done!

Our first stop was the studio, where did a few indoor shots. Since it was such a beautiful sunny day out, I figured we shouldn't waste it by staying inside the whole time. The problem is, without any snow (weirdest winter ever), there aren't a lot of pretty places to do outdoor images. On my way to meet with everyone, I kept my eyes open for potential locations. I figured they'd want something more nature-y instead of urban-y, and I decided on a field and some pine trees just past my house, somewhere I'd been thinking would be perfect for photos for awhile now. It took a little bit of walking, but the results... perfect!

Thanks again for choosing me, Keith and Marjorie. They'll be back on the blog this July for their wedding in Whitehall and Muskegon. It's going to be a Celtic cermony. I am definitely looking forward to it!

^I think they like each other! ;-)


^Marjorie has the sassy pose down, no?



^So cute!

^On to the field... who needs snow or green grass?


^My favorite of the day!

^Breaking out my "&". Keith is a graphic designer and appreciates print, so it seemed fitting.



^Wedding owl from pier one!



^I wanted to include this one too, because I really appreciate the girls' help at the studio. They were great about helping me get rid of some glare in Marjorie's glasses. It's always nice to have someone along like this. Thanks, ladies!

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.