Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Glitz and Glamour Styled Shoot: Part One

November 16, 2013

This one has been months in the making! I've been looking forward to editing it for forever, but due do end of the year sessions and the holidays, it wasn't until the new year that I really was able to work on everything. It took a lot of planning and such, but we finally got it done! I'm so excited to show off...

The Glitz and Glamour Styled Shoot

This past year, I got married. It was fun planning a wedding. I took all the details I've seen over the years and decided what I wanted (or didn't want, in some cases) and made it my own. The perfect day for my husband and me, and all our friends and family. The only thing I didn't get to do? Photograph it! While I have tons of awesome photos from the day (and yes, I took a few myself!), I would have loved to have hired myself to get it all.

Since that's pretty much impossible, I did the next best thing, while simultaneously checking 'styled shoot' off my list; I created my own "wedding". While we left out the groom and a few other key details, I was able to create (with the help of a few other very talented individuals) a mini-wedding set that was lots of fun and super glitzy!

The lovely Karie and her two lovely friends, Lauren and Ashley, were kind enough to be my models for our 'wedding shoot'. The idea moved around a lot throughout the planning process (from elegant, peacock themed to rock star chic and then finally settling on glitter glam) but I love how it came together. We settle on lots of glitter and deep, rich colors, which came across wonderfully in all the little details. My graphic designer friend, Kristin, was so kind as to assist with some of the styling (in addition to the invitation and other paper details she created for the shoot).

This first post is here to show off a few shots during the preparation process, and a few of the fabulous details we had to work with, that you'll get to see 'in action' in our next two posts!

Models: Karie S, Ashley K, and Lauren H
Hair and make-up: Latesha Lipscomb and Elliott Yared with I GOT FACE Cosmetic Concierge
Invitations and paper details: Kristin Huyck, Graphic Designer
Florals: Events by Ludemas
Cake: Desserts by Lori
Styling: Jenna Hoekstra and Kristin Huyck
Dresses: Badgley Mischka, Scala from Renee Austin Weddings

^My paper artist and assistant stylist, Kristin, working hard on getting everything together for the shoot.

^Latesha and Elliott getting Karie's hair and make-up ready.

^Looking glam, girl!


^Our "bridesmaids", Lauren and Ashley, and our "bride", Karie.

^Invitation by Kristin Huyck.

^Love the glam paper details.

^Gorgeous glam florals created for us by Events by Ludemas.

^Close up of the rich colors... the dark purple kale and the burgundy peonies look awesome here.

^All three bouquets, gorgeous!



Check back with us tomorrow for our next set of images from the Glitz adn Glamour shoot... the table arrangement and your first shots of Karie as 'the bride.' The best comes in our third installment, so stay tuned!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.