Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Anwelli & Bola: Getting Married (Grand Rapids Wedding Photographer)

July 22, 2016



It's finally August. This summer has been such a scorcher. Being pregnant on top of all the heat has NOT been pleasant. However, on this hazy summer evening, following a really hot and humid day, it was a pleasant surprise for a little relief from the heat and some awesome modeling from Anwelli and Bola. They came all the way from the east side of the state (where they are getting married next year) for their engagement session in Grand Rapids. We definitely made the most of the time we had.

First stop was outside the building my new studio was in. I'd been wanting to shoot there for ages and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. Anwelli and Bola chose some traditional African outfits for the first part of our session and it worked great with the setting. We then moved on to their more formal outfits and I couldn't have loved the shots at the Downtown Market any more than I do. That wall of plants... I can't even...

It got a little dark for our last set of photos so I kept them to a minimum. But overall our session was amazing and now I'm even more excited than I was to kick the 2017 summer season off with these two. Already counting down the days!

^Love these outfits. They worked so well for our shoot!


^I've got to play with the light a little bit, right?



^So sweet.






^Their cheek kisses rival some of the best I've gotten lately!

^Still love this shot, might be my favorite.



^This wall is the coolest.




^We couldn't get into the Market but this worked as a consolation.






^So sweet!


^We lost the light a little too quick but I got a couple gems anyway ;)



My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.