Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Derek & Kerra: A November Wedding (West Michigan Wedding Photographer)

November 9, 2019



The last wedding of the year; a bit bittersweet! Missing the season but ready for a break. This year, my couple for that last wedding was my lucky contest winners from the bridal show I did last January! This was a great wedding despite interesting lighting issues in the church and me falling and bashing myself and cameras on the pavement (my lenses and main camera survived unscathed at least ;) ). Derek and Kerra are a quiet but sweet couple and it was a lot of fun working with their family and friends on their big day!

We did a first look before the ceremony, though we definitely wanted to hide the bride from the guests. Since we only got a few shots beforehand, after the wedding ceremony was finished, we hopped on the bus and made a few quick stops in Muskegon, including the chilly but lovely and sunset-y Heritage Landing. We ended up in some really great little areas and I love the photos we were able to take, especially the ones near the wispy grasses right before the reception!

Derek and Kerra, it was a pleasure working with you and your whole wedding party. And Carol, that's for being my point person throughout the year! Congrats to you all!

Hair/Makeup - Salon 297, Muskegon
Dress Designer - Christina Wu
Bridal Shop - Spring Lake Bridal, Coopersville
Tuxes - Jim's Formal Wear
Church - The Journey Community Church, Muskegon
Flowers - Chalet Floral, Muskegon
Officiant - Mark Rhodes
Reception - The Event Center at Fricano Place, Muskegon
DJ - ZoVo Entertainment, Muskegon
Cake - Ryke's Bakery, Muskegon



^Comfy cozy for all that pampering!





^Classy all over the place!



^Kerra LOVES chicken nuggets ;)









^Awwwww!




^It's love :D







^...and then I fell ;)












^They do!






^This was supposed to mimic an engagement photo but I didn't take it and can't remember... hopefully I nailed it!









^Fun shot, thanks Jess!



^So glad she had that wrap... and those flowers!








^What a spot! So glad I saw it at the last second!!!




^Ahhhhhh-mazing!

















^The lighting worked fabulously!








My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.