Thursday, March 19, 2020

Weddings in 2020



This month certainly didn't turn out to be what I expected. I'm always nervous in the later winter months about myself or my family acquiring a virus and getting sick, but this is just beyond what I (and probably all of you) ever expected. Talk of social distancing, cancelled events and quarantine are being used constantly now. It has everyone a bit on edge, especially those of us with big events planned in the NEAR future.

I'm writing just to let those of you know who are facing the uncertainty of the next few months, your hard work and planning doesn't have to be for nothing. Despite new rules and regulations being put into place by our governments due to the pandemic, I've found that my own anxiety/fear/worry is lessened when I keep a positive outlook, and I want to help where I can by sharing that with you.

That being said, it is COMPLETELY okay to be NOT OKAY that something you've been planning for and looking forward to -- putting your heart and soul into for a considerable amount of time -- has a possibility of being put on hold. But remember, whatever you choose to do about your current wedding plans, you have more than just one option. Check out this post from a local friend of mine relating to event cancellation insurance (thanks Alyssa at Fleurology Designs!) to make sure things don't take a financial toll as well as an emotional one.

But even more important, what can you do to still make sure that your big day is still a big day, despite new regulations? Elope! But not in the typical sense. Today, elopements mean an extremely small and intimate ceremony, sometimes with only two or three other people in attendance, where you can say your vows to one another, commit yourself to each other and mark the day as a special one while you regroup and move your big, fun and full of friends and family celebration to a later (and safer!) date.

What do you need to make this happen?

1. The two of you
2. A licensed officiant (I may know a person or two!)
3. A marriage license
4. Two witnesses (even if they aren't there for the vows, they just need to be there to sign the license).
5. A trusted photographer!

If this idea leaves you feeling hopeful, keep your date. Choose a place that has meaning to you. Get photos that commemorate your commitment to each other and save the party for when the world gets back to normal.

For my 2020 couples who have to or are considering moving their wedding date, I'm offering this as an option for anyone who doesn't completely cancel their event package. ALL the payments you've given me so far will be made transferable to any new date (as long as it's available) and I'll also be pushing back final payments for those who need it. In addition, I'm offering my new-to-the-game wedding planner abilities to you to give you a little extra hope and happiness in light of these unprecedented events.

So on top of photographing your vows and the two of you together, I'll help you get a bouquet, a special dessert, makeup, hair styling, a different dress -- whatever you need -- for the two of you. And from someone local who is going through this tough and crazy time together with us.

Remember, it is okay to feel whatever emotions you are feeling. Those feelings are completely valid, totally understood and expected. But the two of you can make the most of this together. And don't forget, I AM HERE FOR YOU, and at a safe distance, if you need me :)





My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.