Monday, November 2, 2020

Mike & Sam: A Backyard Wedding (West Michigan Wedding Photographer)

 September 26, 2020



Finding love is not the easiest thing in the world to do. But finding not only a real, strong, lasting love as well as a family is truly a gift! Sam and Mike are a perfect example of this and I was so happy to be a part of their wedding this past September. It was a double wedding weekend (and theirs came after a LONG drive back from the Chicago area!), but even being there on my own was a fun experience, despite my tiredness!  

Sam and Mike tied the knot at Sam's father and stepmother's house in Fruitport and then - after photos of course - held their reception in their own backyard in Muskegon. The fall colors were truly beautiful and everyone was enjoying each other's company and generally just loving the amazingness that was the day. It is always refreshing to see families come together like they did for this wedding day. There was nothing but love for everyone in attendance at this one!

When Sam got engaged and started planning her wedding, I was so thankful she contacted me. I've been her photographer a few times in the past and it's always been a blast working with her. Since she knew she wanted me there for her big day, I had to make sure I made it happen! 

It was awesome to be a part of such a great group's time together. Thank you both (and the girls too - what sweeties!) for choosing me to record your beautiful day for you!

Hair - Dockside Salon, Muskegon
Makeup - Jillian Cherry, Spring Lake
Dress - Sophia Tolli
Flowers - Wassermann's Flowers and Gifts, Muskegon
Cake - Rykes Bakery, Muskegon
Mistress of Ceremonies - Vicki Bowman
Master of Ceremonies - Paul Johnson
Trolley - Muskegon Trolley Company, Muskegon
DJ - Jeremy Leski
Catering - Harris Hospitality, Muskegon
Bar - Jeanne Tokarczvk



^I need to get me a pair of these pretty things!

Add caption


^Awww thanks, guys ;)


^Loving Mike's reaction to seeing Sam for the first time!



^So excited!!!














^Daddy's girls!




^As always, you are GORGEOUS, Sam!







^Matchy matchy!



^That time when the groom ALMOST lost his glasses out the trolley window.



^Such pretty fall colors :D :D :D













^Backyard weddings got me like...



^Rykes ALWAYS impresses (I may have taken two...)









My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.