Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Costa Rica: A Trip with Wandering Roots

February 2022

Two weeks ago, I was waking up to this beautiful view. It was truly a unique and amazing experience. If you ever get the opportunity to take a retreat, you really should do it. I met some wonderful people, had a bunch of delicious food, got to experience things I'd never have gotten to otherwise, and honestly, it really was the best. 

I traveled with quite a few ladies as a part of the Wandering Roots retreat to Lake Arenal, Costa Rica. We were on our own little rise with a great view of the lake and volcano. Every morning, we got up early to do yoga and meditation, have breakfast and went on a different excursion each day. The people I got to meet were sincerely so genuine and fun to be around. Our group dynamic was great and I couldn't possibly have imagined had a better trip!

Here are a couple photo highlights that I took (a couple with my phone, some with my Nikon) just to share with all of you! 

If anyone is interested in doing a retreat like this, Anna at Wandering Roots is booking for the next trip to Arenal RIGHT NOW - details here: https://www.yourwanderingroots.com/costa-rica


My sister and I got to live in this little hideaway all week!



This is a koati! :D

Kara taking in the view at the National Park.








Soooooo big!






Photo shoot day with Mod Bettie. Elise was okay with me taking a few too!



It was definitely great to see so many beautiful sunrises!





Kayaking the lake with great views of the volcano!



It rained a little be every day. But that made for some pretty rainbows!

Ready for a horsey ride!




And then hike to the waterfall!

Special drink ala Abbey!



Our last night, some awesome views (and burritos!)
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.