Thursday, January 28, 2010

Announcing My Newest Photo Endeavor

The Bridesmaid Project

Since it's winter and the ususal wedding season isn't going to be starting up for a few months now, I'm just ITCHING to do a photo project that involves all the prettiness of weddings without actually having to put one on. Introducing: THE BRIDESMAID PROJECT



Every wedding has it's players; the obvious bride and groom are always the center of attention. But some of the beauty of the wedding gets overlooked when it comes to the bridesmaid. They help the bride become who she is on her special day, by being a great support system of friendship and that extra help they provide to get her looking her most beautiful.

In honor of the ladies who do their very best only to end up being the background of the wedding, I'm assembling a team of models (some of my closest friends!) and getting them all dressed up and decked out for a series of portraits, showing how beautiful NOT wearing that white dress can be!

The special "single ladies" in the line-up (oh and not to mention my wonderful assistant Josh who is going to be our male model for the shoot :), who are not all necessarily single, are playing the part of the pretty girls who are finally getting their turn in the spotlight. A friend of mine in the florist business has offered to help out with the added floral touches (I can't wait to see her creative touch, she's really amazing!) and we'll be getting this thing together at a location (yet undisclosed) but one that is BEAUTIFUL and I have been dying to shoot at for awhile now.

It's been a LONG time since I did a photo PROJECT, like ones back in college, but I'm going to write the literature that goes along with it and put the finished product together in a book that will be on display at my first foray into the wedding expo this March. I can't wait to see what comes up!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.